DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Vibes Nudist Camp





(pix top to bottom...Vajeena at Vibes Wheels of Steel, chillaxing in the chill out hut, looking efficient at the BBQ, looking for her fork at sunset at the BBQ and, finally, pondering her article on top of some barrels at Vibes. These, and more, will be available on our flickrstream in a day or so).

Hi all! It's Vajeena here, with my first 'roving report' from what I hope will become a regular series of reports from around the adult sims of SL. I've read through the entire blog, all of it, to pick up a sense of what makes Emma's SSL tick, and it's clear that naturism plays a big role in it (so far), although I hope to extend that to include more straightforwardly sex sims.

I decided to begin with one of the newer, and smaller, naturist sims on the grid, Calista Choche's Vibes Nudist Camp. I felt I needed to gauge my capacity for doing a report, hence the reason for picking one of the smaller sims around. And as any girl knows, size isn't important! Actually, in this instance, and from what I've observed by my wanderings around the grid in my short SL so far, it's actually something of an advantage, because everything is within, relatively speaking, touching distance. Tiki bar, tiki DJ hut, dancefloor? Tick, tick, tick. Barbecue area with chill out hut, complete with chilled beer? Tick. Small, yet perfectly formed. While I was there there was no one else around, but that didn't matter, because it allowed me to explore uninterrupted and formulate some sense out of Vibes role. And that is, I think, that it is likely to be a rather cosy place to hang out, and the size certainly benefits this. I can imagine 5-6 people, who all will inevitably get to know one another really well, hanging out here and having such good times it would be unreal. In bigger sims there's a sense of space, yes, but what that gains is lost in the sometimes anonymity of those places. Vibes won't and can't become like that.

You'll note that in the photos I cheated a bit...yes, the bumblebee bikini stayed on! Well, there was no one else around, probably on account of me visiting at a relatively unpopular SL time -mid morning. America's at work, and Europe isn't home from work yet, so fewer SL residents are around at that time. On my next visit, I promise, the bikini will stay in the beach bag! And I hope to fall into conversation in this delightful sim and make some new friends.

On a sadder note, I was pointed in the direction of Vibes by an avatar who is already a member there, and for that I'm grateful for the heads up, but she told me that a group notice was previously put out banning 'political' chat from the sim, on account of a 'Christian' dissing other people. I rather take it that it may have revolved around some sort of racial slur, for which the person is (I believe) now banned, and three cheers to Calista for that. I'm new to SL, but have already warmed to the high level of tolerance and friendliness afforded to other players. The real world is full of that shit, so let's park it at the SL portal door boys and girls. Your small-minded, racist, sexist, sizeist and ageist views aren't needed and aren't welcomed in SL.

See you next time,

Love,

Vajeena

(Emma adds: Can I just echo Vaj's views in the final paragraph? I despair of some of these atavistic views we thankfully occasionally meet in SL. From further investigations, I can add that the ban on political chat at Vibes relates to racist comments made about native Americans. Just as this blog appears to tread where others fear to go, in regards to the sexuality of SL and our views that the naked body is not 'dirty' or something to be plastered in pasties, we're also quite 'political' in outlook. We just haven't demonstrated it yet, much. We are not afraid to seek 'n' destroy those holding stupid, backwards-thinking views. We like political chat, and one of our crew is verrrrrrrrrry political in their approach to SL, from a humanist perspective, and has actively dropped into certain sims in the past and destroyed the outlook of specific groups holding nasty views through sheer force of argument. This happened prior to me starting this blog, but essentially a right-wing British based sim had its numbers decimated by one of my SL friends picking holes in every meeting they held to try and promote their odious views. I'd love to be able to chat to Calista about the native American experience, in a positive way, not to diminish or deny the experience native Americans had at the hands of s0-called Christians who raped their country and stole their land. Ooh...rant ends, lol. Anyway, the point is that political chat can be a positive SL experience in the hands of the open-minded. It's those of closed minds who need to be banned from expressing their views).


No comments:

Post a Comment