DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Eden Naturopolis(1)



I have two problems with Eden Naturopolis. One, homes aren't particularly well labelled, so Diane and I were sometimes scurrying around to take pix, while fearing an irate owner would turn up. We labelled some of them 'clifftop cafe', but on reflection it was probably someone's home.

My second problem with Eden is a BIG problem, lol. It's such a big sim (or series of sims) that a single post will not suffice. Yes, I'm going to have to go back 2-3-4 times in order to give you a complete flavour of what's on offer.

Diane took some fabulous photos of the harbour area (see more on our flickrstream) and we wandered at will around what many of you will already know as a superb example of SL interactive sim design. Not only are there the homes and the naturist facilities, but there are miles of open water that attract SL sailors from all corners of the grid.

I'm not nautical minded, so I'm maybe mixing my ships with my boats and my yachts, and I know that on at least one occasion we posed beside a 'thingy'...some sort of bollard to tie boats to when in harbour. I'm sure there's some sort of technical name, other than 'a thingy' for them!

Seriously, a lengthy spell at Eden and we've only just scratched the surface of what it has to offer all of you SL naturists. Once again, as with Vibes, I didn't encounter any residents, but I'm putting that down to the exceptionally odd RL hours I've logged in this week, and I only had Diane for company. As the eagle-eyed amongst you will have spotted I've -gulp- abandoned the bumblebee bikini, lol, and gone au naturel. A delightful feeling of freedom, and to sit out in the warm Eden air at midnight without a stitch on felt fabulous.

In case some of you are beginning to worry about me taking over, relax! My postings have coincided with my days off, and thus I'll be limited in how much I can post now for a few days (collective sigh of relief from Emma and the readership?). Seriously, I loved my time in Eden, and can't wait to get back to continue my naked wanderings around its many delights.

1 comment:

  1. You'll find that Eden Naturopolis is the capital sim of Eden and, as such, is fully open to the public at all times. The other interlinked Eden sims contain private islands but we do not permit security orbs in Eden so you can explore anywhere. However, please respect the privacy of our residents who are actually home when you are visiting the islands. However, they are a friendly bunch and will always welcome people in if you ask them nicely.

    Part of our ethos is that we keep all waterways around Eden clear for public sailing so you can enjoy hassle-free sailing exploring the Eden sims. We are linked by the sea to the 100 Fruit Island sims, too, so the area you can sail through is immense.

    If you want a quickie Eden tour, then hop onto one of our new Sailboat Tours, which will automatically transport you around the islands on a lovely little sailboat. No need for any sailing skills. just hop aboard and enjoy the ride!

    Brenda Hoisin

    ReplyDelete