DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Friday 28 May 2010

Research, research...

My first dilemma. I've been exploring SL's allegedly 'sexy' places, and set down at the SDI Orgy Theater, part of the Skinny Dip Inn sim. Interesting. Very, very much a case of 'in your face' sex, and nothing remotely erotic about the streamed blue movie being shown. There are lots of people milling around, treating the place like the meat market it almost certainly is, and within thirty seconds of sitting down to watch the movie (and scenery), I got the following exchange. The dilemma was to have been 'do I name the guy, or not?', but as I've said I intend to write about sex and sexuality in a brutally honest way, I see no reason why I shouldn't name the people involved. However, it has been pointed out that revealing the contents of IMs contravenes Linden Labs TOS, so F******** S******, born 11/29/2007 (911 days old at the time of our 'encounter') and I had the following conversation.

-- Instant message logging enabled --
[11:09] FS: hi
[11:09] Emmanuelle Warden: hello
[11:09] FS: whant sex
[11:09] Emmanuelle Warden: yes. but probably not with you
[11:10] FS: why?
[11:10] FS: not like
[11:10] Emmanuelle Warden: i don't think 'want sex?' is the most romantic approach, do you?
[11:10] Second Life: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later.

I need to explore whether the revelation of IMs does, indeed, contravene LL's TOS. In the meantime, luckily for him, the name of this smooth talking bastard has to remain anonymous, LOL.

2 comments:

  1. I bet that's Francesco Salmson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon. I cannot comment. But I would appreciate that there was no idle speculation about names.

    ReplyDelete