DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Our Page E girl!




Earlier today I blogged that I was off to pose, in Tiny's divine babydoll outfit, and take some photographs of myself. I still intend to do that, but when I popped down to a photographic studio, I ran into Eva Hoyes, who was taking some photographs of herself for her profile, and we got talking. This blog, naturally, got mentioned, and Eva must have had a quick look, or read, through the blog, because while I was mastering how to pose, set backgrounds, lighting etc, she came back at me.

'Do you know about tabloid topless models?' she asked. Of course I do, I live in the UK, home of the 'Page 3' girl, a daily, topless model, some of whom have been propelled to fame, notoriety, and sometimes a decent enough career. Like much of the sex industry (even if you consider topless modelling to be be 'sex' anymore, particularly in Europe) I have ambivalent views on 'Page 3'. On one hand, it's the sexualisation of the female breast. Surely we in the UK should be more grown up about this now? Other parts of Europe, where topless sunbathing is the norm now, almost to the point of being the law, are more grown up, surely?

Ah, well, no. The German tabloid newspaper, Bild, has its own 'Page One' girl 'below the fold', i.e. the paper is sold doubled in two and the daily topless girl is featured below the day's more important (or trivial) headline). Denmark's Ekstra Badet has its Page 9 girl, etc.

On the other hand, if a girl can make a career out of modelling and is relaxed about her own (semi) nudity, who exactly is exploiting who?

So Eva popped onto the pose stand, slipped out of her tank top and we popped off a few shots.

'It's a laugh to think I could be blogged in cyberspace as a topless model', she giggled. 'Stick that on your blog, and let's see how the SL community react to their own topless models!'

She's right, of course. So I've quickly thought up the 'Page E' girl concept, and I'll run this as a regular feature if there's enough interest. And if anyone wishes to send me their own topless pose, for use on this blog, I'll be happy to accommodate as best as I can, or run 'Page E' as a separate blog. IM me, or email me at emmanuelle.warden@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment