DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Saturday 24 September 2011

Postings, and how would you like to work for SSL?

I'm in the middle of a stint of 19 days in a row at work. It's an exciting piece of work (and, no, I'm not going to share it with you, RL is RL, SL is SL) but these are turning into 12-14 hour days, eating on the hoof (and in transit to/from work) and sleeping. There are unlikely to be many posts until early October.

I've previously had the contributors filter their work through me prior to posting, taking an editorial role, but with this level of workload (I'm not complaining, I love it and millions are unemployed!) when I get back I'm going to have to rejig the blog so that the various contributors can post directly. I may also look at taking on someone in an 'assistant editor' role. Vaj and Diane have turned down the role, preferring to concentrate on posting around and between their real lives, so if your SL kind of mirrors the focus of our second lives, you can write a bit (and spell and punctuate properly!) drop me an IM, we'll talk, and I'll see about taking on an assistant editor (i.e. you'll be the editor/contributor when I'm offline).

Because I'm based in Europe, and therefore operating European time zones, my contributors so far have been exclusively European. I would love to add someone to the writing roster from the western hemisphere but, honestly, if you're from anywhere, can write and have a sexy second life, I'd love to have you on board.

Ems.

No comments:

Post a Comment