DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Saturday 17 September 2011

The blogs are low in interesting things

Earlier this year, Emma blogged that she'd reached a sort of hiatus in her SL and that she wasn't playing much as a result of things being 'quite dull', or however she put it at the time. I'd never experienced that in my SL, all the time I've been playing, and I didn't understand the comment. But now I do. After the frenzy of 'summery' styled items, the blogs seem (a personal opinion) to be quite low in 'interesting things' to buy, and as a result you kind of wander aimlessly through SL. But, unlike Ems, who just retreated from SL for a couple of weeks, I've been using my time in a more positive way, I think, in that I've simply avoided the blogs, and dived straight into 'people places', had some great (and boring) conversations, met new friends, hung out.

This has got me to thinking that maybe we need more 'lifestyle' blogs, as opposed to 'purchase clothes and furniture' blogs. I do know there are blogs dedicated to combat RP, furries and even the black experience in SL, but I for one would celebrate more. If you've some time on your hands, why not follow Em's example and start your own? It doesn't have to be a SL 'sexuality' styled blog, but could instead focus on the gay scene, sailing boats, racing cars, whatever your SL interests are. If you do start a blog, drop us a line and we'll post your link on this one. I'm more than happy to hang around the pits as eye candy for your car racing sims as bikini clad eye candy, lol. ;)

Vajeena.

No comments:

Post a Comment