DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Naked Dreams

Now, this is interesting! :)

I've visited the 'Eden Naturopolis' sim often. It's huge and it's massive and it's immense and it's astounding. Vaj is going to be doing a report from there (probably several reports, as one isn't going to do it justice).

For those who don't know, it's quite possibly the most dedicated naturist sim in SL. Others may be more popular, but for me 'Eden' is the numero uno, on account of its size and its affordable housing and emphasis on the 'outdoorsy' type of pursuits that remind me of some of France's better RL naturist camps, maybe La Sabliere or La Jenny and Arnaoutchot. And some of it reminds me of Playa Laguna Baska/Krk in Croatia. Each of those have a very strong family vibe in RL, and in SL Eden (owned/run by Elbag Gable and Brenda Hoisin) manages to hold a lovely family vibe. No sexballs! No creepy guys (well, I've never met a sex pest there) lurking!

Eden expands, it seems, by the day. And the newest addition to the bird-named sims that make up its entirety is Naked Dreams on the Eden Heron sim. Built and owned by 'Tess Koinonen' (I'm not sure I've spelt her name correctly, and will fix this when I do get a correct spelling) it is almost an exact replica of 'Buffy's Cove'!!!!!!

This isn't intended as a criticism, but something to rejoice, for all of those who remember Tess's work on Buffy's before some sort of closure earlier this year. Some of us felt very sad at the loss, as Buffy's was a constant in the ever-changing SL, and somewhere to relate to in a very positive way. I'm not sure if the former owners of Buffy's outgrew each other, or had some sort of falling out, but Tess appeared to 'disappear', Gray Muircastle has founded 'Su Casa' (another equally gorgeous naturist sim) and a couple of others (Emily Hyun and...I forget) took on and rebuilt Buffy's.

I do seem to recall that Tess (I really do need to find out her correct name) had a wicked sense of humour regarding her sim builds, with lots of little 'hidden' areas secreted around her builds. I've not had time to explore 'Naked Dreams' fully yet to see if there's a recurring theme there, but I'll let you know.

There are subtle differences between 'Buffy's' and 'Naked Dreams', of course...both feature a church on the hilltop, but the styling is a little different, but anyone who already knows Buffy's will find the geography of 'Naked Dreams' to be very familiar.

As far as I'm concerned, there can't be enough naturist sims in SL, and this new addition is to be warmly welcomed. I fully intend to spend a part of this afternoon there, tap-tapping away at my laptop to finish off some of the promised and now overdue articles referred to elsewhere in the blog. In other news...my internet connection now appears to have stabilised again, and I am in a position to actually do stuff inworld. Praise be!

What I'd love to see now is a replication of Tess's other, previous Buffy's build...Nature's Way, which also had a lot of delightful secret hidey-holes to explore.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Emmanuelle. Her name is Teresa Korhonen and she is a lovely person. We met her when Elbag and I were looking for inspiration while building our magnificent 16-sim Eden Naturist Estate (see more at bit.ly/EdenOnline) and we were won over by the feel and passion she had put into the Buffy's Cove naturist area. I confess that I readily used some of her ideas in creating Eden, such as the boat rezzers for the public to enjoy. We were saddened when we heard of the demise of Buffy's Cove, and so we have offered Teresa a sim where she could reconstruct her next evolution in naturist locations which we have called Naked Dreams. The sim, like all our other sims in the Eden Naturist Estate, is completely clothes-free and residential, so if anyone yearns after living the Naked Dream, you can come and join us!

    Brenda Hoisin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the accurate info, Brenda. The sim is lovely, and should represent a 'home from home' for those of us who used Buffy's over the years and enjoyed Teresa's quirky sense of humour in her building approach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Emmanuelle.
    I wish I could have discovered your publication earlier! I love it and have included a link in my own blog to your site.

    I can't thank you enough for your inspiring words in your review of Naked Dreams. Being on Eden with Elbag and Brenda have been some of my happiest days in S.L.

    I look forward to so many more wonderful times there as I do to reading more of you and the teams excellent journalism.

    Peace and love to all your readers.

    Teresa Korhonen

    ReplyDelete