DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Thursday 28 July 2011

I'm a leather lazybum!



Hi! Ringo here with my first post for the blog, even though I've been a staff member since Emma began the blog so many months ago. I'm a gay man in second life and in real life, and it was to cover specific matters pertaining to the LGBT scene that I was adopted by Emma to write. I've not really submitted anything for Emma because I tend to play more than shop, and because I don't think you can say there's much 'gay' clothing beyond the leather boy stereotypes. Don't get me wrong, I like to wear a pair of leather chaps or shorts as much as the next gay ;) but they are stereotypes. I'm more likely to be found in a pair of comfortable jeans and a T shirt than I am in flamboyant 'gay' clothes. It's a sexual orientation, just the same as yours may be heterosexual, and neither of us really wear badges to say 'hi, i'm straight or gay or bi'.

I have found that, as in real life, straight girls are attracted to gay men because we're good friends to straight girls and aren't predatory. We often make girls feel 'safe'. Does that make sense? I think that straight girls, even in Second Life, like my company because they know I won't be trying to bed them, so it's sometimes a relief for them not to be under constant cybersex attack. So I've got a lot of 'fag hag' girlfriends in Second Life, including sweet, sweet Emma. LOL! I'm sure she's thrilled being thought of as a 'fag hag'!!!!!

OK...I decided that after much cajoling from Emma that I would finally make a post, and you can see in one of the photos above that I've opted for a figure hugging, 'show off what you've got' pair of swim pants. I've opted for these because while they appeal to me for their 'optional bulge' capacity and are therefore a teensy bit erotic, there's no reason why they shouldn't also appeal to straight guys who like to infer the size of their unit before getting down 'n' dirty with a partner. These blue ones are currently priced at L£1 at Lazybum and another free pair, in white, are available at the same location. I have to say that I was also exceptionally taken by a European-styled set of apartment buildings that you can rent at the Boystown sim, where Lazybum is situated. Only L$399 a week for 125 prims! And in a style that reminded me very much of Holland or Germany, which I like anyway.

I then tp'ed over to a favourite store of mine, Leather & Co, where I noticed they still have a free leather package available for noobs and beginners. Sometimes noob clothes are a bit poorer quality, they're free for a reason, but not this set. You can see in the other picture me modelling my own set, so if you're into the leather scene, then this is an excellent free gift to pick up and browse around their lovely store.

My (straight? bi? lesbian? I've never asked) friend Podge came along with me and picked up a set for herself, and do you know, it looked as fabulous on a girl as it does on me. As you can see from the picture I kept my Lazybum swim pants on! But I did slip them off for another photo, and if you click onto the 'sexually explicit' pages, I think Emma's going to put it up there. She didn't seem to have any issues with putting it on the main page, but for my first posting, I decided that I'd not want to offend anyone any further than they might be by a 'gay' post turning up in the middle of what has, so far, been a mostly 'straight' blog.

Love and kisses to everyone and I promise I'll post again soon :-x

Ringo Stourmead.


No comments:

Post a Comment