DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Is it just me or....

...do SL guys suddenly seem to be taking much more pride in their avatar's appearance?

Recently we, the staff at SSL, were discussing what appears to be a new phenomenon, guys suddenly looking cuter. I admit that I've recently encountered a few guys wearing older avatars, and looking all the more sexy for it.

Diane agreed with me and told me that 'I've seen some yummy looking fellas recently in older skins and slightly more rotund shapes and, do you know, I've found them attractive'.

I know exactly what she means. The rarity value of realistic avatars immediately makes an older guy stand out from the crowd. He's being what he is, rather than some unattainable fantasy ideal, and you know the sense of reality in the avi is probably going to reflect in the conversation that follows.

Diane goes on 'I met an older guy in SL recently. Thicker round the middle, grey hair, grey pubes and a small, thicker wiener, and I suddenly though that he looked sexually attractive. If I wanted someone to take me home in SL, I'm gonna fall for a guy like that as opposed to these lumps with laughable 10 inch penises.'

Well...enough already, Diane! LOL.

But she's right. Effort and accuracy maketh the man. Even a younger avi with a properly sculpted shape, nice pecs and buns, is going to do it every time. As some of you may know, I'm in a SL relationship with one such figure, a reflection of reality. Not hung like a donkey and shoulders half a mile wide, and it was the effort put into the avi that led me to chat with him and eventually embark on a SL relationship with him. Yes, we cyber, but the relationship is founded on a deeper sense of just enjoying one another's company and understanding an honesty at work in our SL relationship. It's lovely, and it sparked to life from the fact that my SO did put some work into his avatar.

And Vajeena put it most succinctly by stating that 'once you've seen a guy who has worked on his avatar, and been attracted to the realism of it, you know you aren't going to ever contemplate a relationship with some horrible looking dude.'

Yes, guys, you still need to have a personality, otherwise the effort's wasted, but the lesson appears to be that without a cute avi (if the SSL staff straw poll is anything to go by) you're toast in the relationship stakes. So, c'mon guys. Rather than trying to get the knickers off a SL female within 10 mins of meeting her (on the basis that she looks cute because she has put some effort in), spend the 10 mins tweaking your avi to look real, human and attractive!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment