DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Saturday 12 June 2010

Re-stating 'the rules'

A couple of things I have to say about this blog are that researching, writing and bringing people into one's confidence takes a long time. People will talk, but with provisos, often that their actions and reactions in SL are anonymous. That's fine, I will usually try to accommodate a fellow avatar with the assurances they seek, and stick rigidly to those assurances. If I lose the trust of interviewees, SL users and the audience, the blog is finished completely. New readers are coming on board all the time, and I feel it is vital to keep re-stating this fact.

If you want to be interviewed, or are willing to talk about sex and sexuality within SL (and your RL actions and reactions to it)...about ANY element of your SL sex lives...feel free to IM me and we'll talk. The beauty of what I'm doing is that I'm not reliant on your inworld presence. IMs can trade back and forth to assemble a piece, even if our SL times don't coincide. And if you've got a dead-letter email address you use for SL, we can communicate that way if you like. I'm at emmanuelle.warden@yahoo.com so don't be afraid to write and say hello that way, too.

I will take photographs only with your permission, either on or off poseballs. My 'posse' of helpers are completely unafraid to be photographed, lol, so I can usually call up one of them to take on the modelling element of this blog's visuals.

I want and need total honesty. Not only from you, but even more from me. I need readers to trust what I do here. That's not to say we may disagree with certain elements of SL sexuality, so I would anticipate that my views on a particular poseball/outfit/whatever will be challenged, but I need to be totally candid about the entire aspect of SL sexuality, including elements that I would find slightly (or more) distasteful from a personal perspective.

I'm going to see if I can assemble a full 'terms of service' for participants in this blog, and post it here, so that you can see 'the rules' laid out starkly for you.

I already have a notecard, a shortened version, which I hand out to people I meet inworld, so don't be afraid to ask for a copy.

This is a steep learning curve for me. Not only do I have to research and write (the easy part), I have to look at aspects of this blog, layouts and design and so on, and learn those too.

Which brings me to this weekend's 'theme', the topic I've been researching all week now, and will be continuing to research for a couple of weeks to come....the topic of masturbation. This follows on in subsequent blog posts over the weekend (between episodes of being bored/excited by the soccer World Cup in RL, lol). Tonight's match is England vs USA (which is a good excuse to head to the pub with pals), but I won't be organising my life around the television for the next month, any more than I organise it around SL. SL's great fun, and the existence of this blog has given my SL a new-found impetus of exploration and themed adventure, but I'm not searching for poseballs on a 24/7 basis, lol.

One final thing. This is an adult blog. You have had to click a button to enter it in which you state, categorically, that you are 18+ (or whatever the age of maturity is in your geographic location) and you need to be aware that it IS an adult blog and not intended for reading by minors.

As I come to grips with the art of blogging, I expect, in the next week or two, for blogger's generic 'warning' page to lead you to a new front page of my own in which you will re-state and confirm you are of an age of maturity. When this appears, I hope all readers will actually read it and absorb the 'rules'.

By entering this blog, as it stands, you are confirming you are of adult age, and fully comprehend the themes discussed herein as being suitable only for adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment