DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Saturday 5 June 2010

Avatars have no feelings.


I urge you all to click on the link to the Alphaville Herald (one of SL's newspapers), and read an excellent article on the nature of sex/cyber/'love'/emotion/feelings in SL.

Do you know, reading through it, I reflected that my SL life (so far) has been dictated by similar feelings as those of the writer. It's a potential emotional wringer, and why would we choose to do it without a clear understanding of the other person's emotions (or, indeed real sex)?

I've pretty much laid down a marker for a forthcoming SL, in that I plan to do and write about everything, but I think that I may just have to draw a line at emotional involvement. But then....do I miss an integral part of the SL cyber experience? Does there need to be an emotional connection? Let's see...as my new SL develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment