DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Pregnancy Reports (1)

I've managed to get two volunteers who own Mama-Allpa fertility huds to report on their activities in an effort to get pregnant (or make someone pregnant).

Both have asked to remain anonymous, and I respect that, as well as their -at this stage- desire not to be photographed.

For the sake of their anonymity I've decided to call them 'Adam' and 'Eve', and they will be filing regular reports on their efforts.

Adam: I'm surprised and delighted to learn that the women I've spoken to so far are all well-adjusted, intelligent people. I'd half-expected them to be unhinged nutters, but there's a lot of thought going on as to their fertility activities. I was drawn into this too, as there's quite a moral maze to be negotiated. Pleasantly surprised by the ladies I've met, and kind of in love with one already, LOL.

Eve: The weak point of the hud so far is that a man can wear a condom and not tell you. In real life, it doesn't work like that. He's telling you, or you're telling him, and you can certainly know by feel that he's wearing one. The hud doesn't offer those sort of options, so essentially you could pick up a guy, sleep with him, for the purposes of trying to get pregnant, and all the time he's using a condom and you're just being essentially promiscuous in order to be impregnated, and it's never going to happen. I think that the hud should warn a woman when, or not, the guy's wearing a condom. Other than that, it's been fun because I've had some great conversations with new people, but not slept with anyone yet. One guy's talking about a family unit in the context of SL, which sounds great, but then I'm thinking that it might be better fun to sleep around a bit to increase the odds, and possibly end up randomly pregnant. I'd echo Adam's thoughts on this. There is some sense of a moral jungle in existence. Adam and I have agreed that if we're online at the same time we'll probably sleep together anyway. He's got a good personality and a cute avatar, so having sex with him wouldn't be such a bad thing. I do find myself drawn to the better turned out avatars. If they've made an effort, I will be more inclined to sleep with them. I don't sleep with anyone and everyone in RL, but I definitely wouldn't sleep with someone I wasn't attracted to. In SL it's exactly the same. I'm going to sleep with more guys in SL than I have in RL, but despite being more free with my sexuality, the guy will still have to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment