DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Life as a boy, part 1

By 'boy' I do, of course, mean 'man'. Yes, I created an alt, who shall remain anonymous for now, as it affords me the opportunity to spend a lot of time observing events laid out before me rather than, as a female, being sucked into them by constant 'hi!, sexy' IMs.

That's not to say I don't actually enjoy the conversation that sometimes arises from these encounters, but sometimes observing can be more enlightening as to the way in which people approach their sexuality in SL.

So this last while has been spent not being Emma, and rather being a rather crassly assembled 'noob' guy. You know, the type that still has a typing animation, noob walk, noob hair, noob cock. I'm not about to change this look as I like the amateurish way in which 'he' is constructed, and all the more likely to not attract too much attention (other than for people to maybe remark on how dreadful he looks, lol).

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: 31.10.10 I have deleted this alt now, as both Jimmy and Ringo will be covering the 'man' stuff, and because the focus of the blog has changed from 'the psychology of SL sexuality', so there is currently no need for me to attempt to live life as a male within SL, an element I was uncomfortable with anyway, but felt I needed to explore at the time the above blog post was written.

    ReplyDelete