DISCLAIMER

All information is correct at the date of posting. The blog is usually updated on a weekly basis, often every few days, dependent on RL and the availability of material to blog. Please do not write to complain that a slurl no longer works or that a location has disappeared. It's Second Life, remember? Things change with great speed. Locations/stores blogged are listed in the sidebar, and updated frequently. If somewhere has moved location or closed, please use the inworld search box to look for it.

Friday 2 December 2011

Thanks

I've just popped inworld to find a few IMs from readers and friends, and I can't bow out without thanking those who have IMed me with words of kindness and even some encouragement to continue blogging.

The blog will remain here, and a trawl through the previous posts may unearth some live slurls that take you to the items you need. If not, then a bit of sleuthing with names of stores may lead you to the current slurls.

To the reader who asked about my plan, a year ago, to blog about some post-apocalyptic world of semi nudity, free love and living wild (and therefore, outside the materialism of SL), it's not currently a valid proposal. I liked and like the idea, of course, but I lack the time and computer skills to buy and build some wild rain forest type sim packed with suitable poseballs in order to carry this plan out. And yes, I did say that we wouldn't need a home sim, as this SL tribe would be nomads, wandering the grid in search of food and possessions, but following further thought, that idea patently wouldn't work. To have an SL tribe, there would need to be a home sim, and I'm not leeching off someone else's hard work to basically set up camp on their work. So that idea has probably withered on the vine. The idea had merit, of course, since beyond a freebie panther outfit from one of the Gor stores, players in the tribe would have no need of much spending money (or the need to hang about endless, boring shopping malls). I'm afraid the clothes of SL never did it much for me, other than the 'sexy' items used while playing out...um....'social' situations ;) which is why we never blogged much. We could have done, but others did it better, and more regularly. It was never our forte, nor intended to be.

As for my plans? Just having an ordinary SL again, not one dominated by the blog. It'll be fun. SL should always be fun, otherwise there's no point.

And finally (no, really finally), to the reader proposing partnership(!!!!!), um, sorry babes, but no thanks. That is not on my agenda with anyone, ever. We've spoken about twice and you're lost in the concept of projecting something onto a photo of a naked player on the blog's front page. I don't get, and never have been, emotionally attached to other players. Sorry. There's someone out there, better than me, for you.

And with that...I'm signing off. Have a great SL, wherever you are.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment